REPLAY: How to Go Viral and Sell More with Memes [Facebook Live Show]
Episode CINCO of Live Online Learning (LOL):
To be sure not to miss future live shows, opt in here to join the email list so we can keep you notified!
Here’s what we talked about, in addition to attendee live questions we answered:
- What are MEMES?
- “An element of a culture or system of behavior that may be considered to be passed from one individual to another by nongenetic means, especially imitation.”
- “A humorous image, video, piece of text, etc., that is copied (often with slight variations) and spread rapidly by Internet users.”
- Not unlike cover songs or music sampling by hip hop and EDM artists
- By nature there is some conflict with copyright and intellectual property, but the law supports music sample and hip hop- memes are very similar.
- Why use MEMES?
- Big engagement
- Free shares (viral)
- Traffic, leads and sales
- People love them, tap into what they already like
- Quickly recognizable
- Easy to create
- How do you use MEMES?
- Use a site that makes making them easy
- Choose ones everyone knows or will make sense even if they don’t know a lot about memes
- Learn more about them from KnowYourMeme http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/popular
- Avoid memes that could be considered offensive or racist!
- Put the text all at top or bottom so it doesn’t violate FB ad 20% rule
- Fit your sales message into the formula
- Put a link in your post so they can take action on your website or landing page
Brian Carter is a popular business expert and keynote speaker with Fortune 500 clients like NBC, Microsoft and Humana as well as small businesses. He delivers motivational keynotes with practical takeaways with the comedic flair of his stand up comedy background. His agency, The Brian Carter Group, creates marketing that excites customers and increases brand visibility, sales and loyalty. Brian is a bestselling author you’ve probably seen on Bloomberg TV or in Inc, Entrepreneur, The Wall Street Journal or The New York Times. He has over 250,000 online fans and reaches over 3 million people per year.