We have a client who offers free press kits for musicians, along with paid promotional services. Within a few weeks we were getting them users with Facebook ads for as low as $3.25 apiece. With more testing, I hope to improve that to $1.50 or lower.
He asked me:
Eventually, I’d like to breach the double and then triple digit thousand of users. How can we ramp up our ad usage in order to do that after we test? Is it just a matter of adding more $ to the ad spend or are there other factors involved or ways we can do this?
Yes, here are some options, which can be done in combination:
- Spend more per day on ads.
- Lower the ad cost per new user (to make ad spend go further).
- Build things into the website to make social sharing easier. e.g.
- Incentivize social sharing. What if they received a discount on their monthly subscription, or a free new feature in their free account, in exchange for sharing the site on Facebook?
- Email sharing: Do #4 and #5 for emailing their musician friends.
Immediately, I thought- well this needs to be a blog post! :-)
Brian Carter is a popular business expert and keynote speaker with Fortune 500 clients like NBC, Microsoft and Humana as well as small businesses. He delivers motivational keynotes with practical takeaways with the comedic flair of his stand up comedy background. His agency, The Brian Carter Group, creates marketing that excites customers and increases brand visibility, sales and loyalty. Brian is a bestselling author you’ve probably seen on Bloomberg TV or in Inc, Entrepreneur, The Wall Street Journal or The New York Times. He has over 250,000 online fans and reaches over 3 million people per year.