Called “an uncommonly honest author” by the Boston Globe, a “marketing guru” by The Wall Street Journal, and a “sales guru” by the Financial Times, Michael Port is a NY Times bestselling author of five books including Book Yourself Solid and The Think Big Manifesto. His 6th book, Steal the Show is being released this Fall.
AND Remarkably he is probably the only NY Times bestselling business book author to have also been a successful professional actor, guest starring on shows like Sex & The City, Law & Order, Third Watch, All My Children and in films like The Pelican Brief and Down to Earth.
These days, Michael can be seen regularly on MSNBC, CNBC, and PBS as an on-air-expert in communication and business development.
We spoke about:
- Why Michael is teaching public speaking and performance
- What he brought from theater into business speaking
- How to create a powerful opening
- Frameworks (structure) for speeches
- How to get the audience to take action at the end of your presentation
- How to get a standing ovation
- As you evolve as a thought leader, how to choose your next book topic
Brian Carter is a popular business expert and keynote speaker with Fortune 500 clients like NBC, Microsoft and Humana as well as small businesses. He delivers motivational keynotes with practical takeaways with the comedic flair of his stand up comedy background. His agency, The Brian Carter Group, creates marketing that excites customers and increases brand visibility, sales and loyalty. Brian is a bestselling author you’ve probably seen on Bloomberg TV or in Inc, Entrepreneur, The Wall Street Journal or The New York Times. He has over 250,000 online fans and reaches over 3 million people per year.