Do you want your company, product or service to be taken more seriously?
TV writers are gifted at drama. We can learn from them to increase the gravitas around our products, services and brands.
FORMULA: “This hasn’t happened in ___ years.”
Is your product or company or event or crisis the first something in 10, 20 or 50 years?
- We haven’t had a new marketing tool as groundbreaking as Facebook ads in 15 years- since the advent of search ads. You could argue that due to their targeting and flexible formats, they are more revolutionary than search ads, and that we haven’t had anything this new and powerful since the invention of the TV ad in 1941.
FORMULA: “I’m so proud to be an ___.”
Are you proud to be something? Are your customers proud to be something? Or someone? Or part of a group? For bonus points- why are you proud?
- I’m proud to be a Facebook advertising expert- because we’re creating profit by discovering customer passions.
- I’m proud to be a digital marketer- because we’re innovating how companies and customers discover one other.
FORMULA: “If you’ve ____ we’ll take care of you.”
What problem are your customers having that you rescue them from? What mishap has befallen them?
- If you’re having trouble with Facebook marketing, we’ll take care of you.
- If your conversion rates are low or you can’t achieve profitability, we’ll take care of you.
FORMULA: “The best ___ in ___.”
Do you have the best something in any category? Is your company the best in any category? This is a good formula for your unique selling proposition, something I spend an entire lesson on in my Social Marketing Profit System.
- The Brian Carter Group is the best Facebook advertising consultancy in the world.
FORMULA: “___ is plotting to kill _______s.”
This was from a political ad that mentioned ISIS. Who is your enemy? Who is your customer’s enemy? If it’s not a person, what is the enemy? What trend or problem or fear or obstacle?
- Traditional media buyers are plotting to kill your profits!
- Big ad agencies are plotting to plunder your budgets!
FORMULA: “We are facing a ____ crisis.”
Another political ad. What kind of crisis is your customer facing? What’s their biggest problem? How can you make it seem even bigger? Don’t minimize it. How large does it loom in their nightmares?
- We are facing a profitability crisis.
- We are facing a digital marketing learning curve crisis.
- We are facing a marketing effectiveness crisis.
COOL WORDS: Champions, Magnificent, Elite…
These are just some words we rarely think to apply outside of sports, but they’re powerful.
- Do you want to be an elite marketer? An elite Facebook advertiser? Those who study my Social Marketing Profit System emerge having become magnificent champions of profitability.
FORMULA: “To ____… It gives you chills just thinking about it.”
What’s the big deal in your arena? What do people aspire to? What’s the dream? This needs to be a singular thing- the biggest possible thing.
- To change a business and the fates of its owners by creating a profitable ad system for them… it gives me chills just thinking about it.
FORMULA: “If you want to ____ you have to ____.”
What is required? What do you require of your customers? What is required for them to succeed?
- If you want to profit online, you have to test a lot of ads.
FORMULA: “What separates the ____ from the ____ is…”
What’s the dichotomy in your arena between the successes and the failures? Between the good and bad?
- What separates the profitable from the unprofitable is open-mindedness, creativity, and diligent testing.
Brian Carter is a popular digital marketer and keynote speaker with Fortune 500 clients like NBC, Microsoft and Humana as well as small businesses who delivers motivational keynotes with practical takeaways based his ad agency’s 15 years of daily cutting-edge work driving awareness, leads and sales for their business clients. His agency, The Brian Carter Group, creates marketing that excites customers and increases brand visibility, sales and loyalty. Brian is a bestselling author you’ve probably seen on Bloomberg TV or in Inc, Entrepreneur, The Wall Street Journal or The New York Times. He has over 250,000 online fans and reaches over 3 million people per year.