Called “an uncommonly honest author” by the Boston Globe, a “marketing guru” by The Wall Street Journal, and a “sales guru” by the Financial Times, Michael Port is a NY Times bestselling author of five books including Book Yourself Solid and The Think Big Manifesto. His 6th book, Steal the Show is being released this Fall.
AND Remarkably he is probably the only NY Times bestselling business book author to have also been a successful professional actor, guest starring on shows like Sex & The City, Law & Order, Third Watch, All My Children and in films like The Pelican Brief and Down to Earth.
These days, Michael can be seen regularly on MSNBC, CNBC, and PBS as an on-air-expert in communication and business development.
We spoke about:
- Why Michael is teaching public speaking and performance
- What he brought from theater into business speaking
- How to create a powerful opening
- Frameworks (structure) for speeches
- How to get the audience to take action at the end of your presentation
- How to get a standing ovation
- As you evolve as a thought leader, how to choose your next book topic